With a busy college schedule, it can be hard to take the time to cook. With the convenience of places like Chick-Fil-A and Dominos, why would you want to cook for yourself? Well cooking does not have to be a hassle! Cooking can actually be a great time to slow down and take a break from the stress. Here at Campus Homes we know that you cannot afford to spend hours on your meals, but we also know that there are plenty of easy recipes that are perfect for college students! Below is a list of some of our favorite, also, follow us on Pinterest to see our board full of easy cooking recipes!
Hidden Valley Ranch Chicken Breasts
This is probably one of the easiest things you can cook. Do not fear, if the only thing you learned how to make before coming to college was macaroni, you can cook this! It’s that simple.
What you’ll need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 – 5 oz. per piece)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1-oz. packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- ¾ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, add the mayonnaise and Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix and stir until well blended.
- In a shallow bowl or plate, place the bread crumbs. Dip each breast in the dressing mixture turning on all sides until well-coated, Shake off any excess dressing. Lay the chicken in the bread crumbs and turn until evenly coated.
- Arrange the chicken on a parchment–lined half-sheet pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until an internal temperature of 165°F or until juices run clear. *For chicken breasts weighing 6-8 ounces, increase cooking time to 40-45 minutes.
To Die for Crock Pot Roast
If you can put a frozen pizza in the oven, you can make this meal. There is minimal effort required and the best part? You can put it in the crockpot in the morning and forget about it until it’s time for dinner!
What you’ll need
- 1 (4 -5 lb) beef roast, any kind
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix, dry
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Place beef roast in crock pot.
- Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
- Pour the water around the roast.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Use onion soup mix instead of ranch.
- Add one cup of red wine.
- Add potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, celery and onion 2-3 hours before end.
For the carb and cheese lovers out there, this recipe is for you. This casserole is super easy to make and freeze ahead of time so that when it’s your time to cook, all you have to do is pop it in the oven!
What you’ll need
- 16 oz linguini, cooked
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked, diced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 TB parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Cook noodles according to box instructions. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ½ cup butter, cooked chicken, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Mix well and then add in cooked noodles.
- Spray a 9×13 pan and pour in noodle mixture. Sprinkle cheeses on top. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. ENJOY!
We hope that you enjoy these recipes! Remember, cooking should not be a dreaded part of your day! Make it enjoyable! Play some music while you dance and sing in the kitchen! What are some of your favorite recipes?